Creation of the Department of Entrepreneurship
& Start-up Management
Due to the generous donation of sponsors the University of Lüneburg was able to establish the first foundation professorship in 2002. The Sparkasse Lüneburg, as a main sponsor, and the economy of the IHK-county Lüneburg-Wolfsburg sponsered the facilities for a professorship for start-up management in the Department of Economic and Social science for five years. The state of Lower Saxony provided this professorship for an indefinite time.
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Schulte was assigned to this foundation professorship and has developed the professorship for start-up management ever since.
Since the winter semester of 2002/2003 Prof. Schulte started to provide courses for start-up management for all faculties. Those courses are predominantly constructed for main or master studies in the economic field.
Meanwhile more than 1000 students are visiting the courses of the department per year.
Since 2007 the Leuphana University of Lüneburg is financing a part of the sponsored jobs.
The department of entrepreneurship and start-up management exists due to the following companies:
- Sparkasse Lüneburg (Hauptstifterin)
- Volksbank Lüneburg eG
- Volksbank Nordheide eG
- IHK Lüneburg-Wolfsburg
- Volkswagen AG
- Laurens Spethmann Holding Aktiengesellschaft & Co.
- Förderverein des Technologiezentrums Nord
- Werner Achilles GmbH
- H. Butting GmbH & Co. KG
- Gesellschaft für visuelle Kommunikation
- Pickenpack Tiefkühlgesellschaft mbH
- Roy Robson Fashion GmbH & Co.
- Lucia Strickwarenfabrik AG
- Manzke GmbH & Co. KG
- Landeskrankenhilfe Lüneburg VvaG
- Einzelhandelsverband Lüneburger Heide e.V.
- C. Hasse & Sohn GmbH & Co. KG
- WERUM Datenverarbeitungssysteme GmbH
- Seminaris Hotel- und Kongressstätten- Betriebs GmbH
- Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft e.V.